Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, Overview
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune, Placement and Salary Trends
Admission Update for 2020
AFMC MBBS Eligibilty Criteria
A candidate seeking admission to the MBBS Course in AFMC is eligible if he/she fulfills the following criteria: –
- A candidate should be citizen of India. Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship or in respect of whom the Ministry of Home Affairs issues a certificate of eligibility.
- Must be unmarried. Marriage during the course is not permitted.
- Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt of India, Ministry of Defence (see Appendix ‘A’).
- Age criteria: The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years on 31 Dec 2017 but must not have attained the age of 24 years on that date i.e. must have been born not earlier than 01 January 1994 and not later than 31 December 2000.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune.
Armed Forces Medical College has well kept gardens and infrastructure. Armed Forces Medical College has some heritage buildings, museum, lecture halls, laboratories, auditoriums, demonstration rooms, blood donation Centre, blood bank and fully furnished accommodation for students. Faculty and staff are also provided accommodation on campus.
Students Activities & Clubs
Sports Club is dedicated to the promotion of various sports activities especially among the student community of AFMC, and endeavors to encourage them to participate at the national and international level sports.
The Adventure club of Armed Forces Medical College organized a Sea to sand Expedition in Gujarat & Rajastan from 03 Sep to 23 Sep 2011. The Expedition was organized as part of the one year long Golden Jubilee celebrations of the college wef Aug 2011 to Aug 2012. The Nineteen member team lead by Lt Col K Mohanlal comprised of two Officers (Col Vivek Sharma & Lt Col Mohanlal), 16 Medical cadets and 01 Other rank. The expedition was flagged off by Air Marshal GS Joneja,VM, Director & Commandant, in presence of Maj Gen Manoj Luthra , VSM, Dean & Dy Commandant at AFMC on 02 Sep 2011.